The Guys!

The Guys!
Leaving for the MTC

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

January 29, 2012


hola familia!

Fist of all I will say sorry for writing today and not yesterday. Yesterday we had our "Gira de la mision" (mission tour, I think haha) and so we had basically a multi zone conference in the morning with president obviously but also with a 70. It was elder wilham and his wife. It only last til 12 but it was awesome to be able to hear and learn from the words of the Lord for 4 hours. We learned a lot of stuff and there really was a strong spirit. But yeah so since we had that we went to work after and they put our pday today. So sorry about that. Hope you didnt worry too much mom haha. Dont worry I'm still alive! ;) So that was in a church in capital which was cool cause in that area is where the only wendys in like all of buenos aires or something is so we went there and ate after a bunch of us friends. Like elder middaugh came back up from the south so it was realy good to be with him and stuff. And elder khutell who went to timpanogos. Me and him talked a bit and that was pretty cool cause a transfer ago he was in tortuguitas, my first area. And he was like best friends with laura browne (the girl I took to my senior prom) and yeah we just talked for a bit. Also yesterday night we had a noche de hogar with antonela and jared and we got dania and her friend who we actually started teaching a little also named katy and a kid that got baptized on saturday in jareds ward and his brother who has doubts about the church right now. So yeah we were actually there pretty late and got home late but it was really really awesome to see how the spirit worked in each of them and at the end I asked them all what they learned. Its so cool when the spirit works how it does cause they all learn such different things but they are all things that God was testifying more to them and its maybe what they need to change in their lives. Thats how it was for antonela. But its so good to see things starting to change. We are definitely teaching more and better and thats helping the investigators to really learn from the spirit and not from us. Thats how the new teaching program of the church works. Danias family is all in bolivia for vacacions for a little bit and she wasnt able to make it to church so we pushed her baptismal date to the 10th of february. She still doubts cause she wants her family to be there but we know that God wants her baptized now! So we are still with her on that but we just taught her about Joseph Smith and she really liked it. Also a couple weeks ago we had a lesson with her and she told us yesterday actually that after the lesson she went inside and she just felt really happy for some reason and didnt know why. We testified to her that that was the spirit. And we asked her what she thinks God is telling her and she said that the book is true and I asked her if she really believed that and she said yes! She already knows its true! So thats awesome. She wasnt able to come to church but we are definitely getting her there this sunday so she can be baptized the following week. Last week me and my companion actually got pretty sick. I got really sick one night and was just pretty much rolling around in pain for hours and wasnt doing so good the next day but I'm okay now so its all good :) We finally actually got to meet with the bishop on sunday and that went really good and we should be getting ward missionaries soon and so that should really help us out so we have people to accompany us to citas. I mean appointments haha wow castellano... :) besides that I'll spare you of all the details that arent as important haha. It was a pretty good week. We pretty much right now only are working with dania and katy.. We gotta find new investigators. We have some others but they arent really progressing and its hard to find them.. oh and celso came back from bolivia yesterday! We saw him on the street and set up an appointment to pass by tonight so we will see with that. I am really gaining a strong testimony of revelation. Me and my companion are always talking about things in the street and at lunch and at night and as we do that and then think of a scripture we always receive like revelations. Its so interesting how the spirit works but I had a cool revelation about something I've been thinking a lot about recently but this is already long so I will share it next week. But its been so cool to just talk about things and then cause we are doing something and actually looking and pondering we receive knowledge. Its so sick!! :) haha well anyway I think thats it for this past week. Oh and mom the 70 told us yesterday that we should definitely have a copy of our mission call. I'm not sure why I didnt bring one but could you please send me one? thanks!

hahah yep mom transfers are on your birthday. Pretty cool huh? Wow that sounds like a crazy start of the week especially for aust. I wish I could hear him bear his testimony.. I dont think I've heard him cry in his testimony before.. but I'm so glad that everything went good with him going in to the MTC and stuff. All the pictures look great and some very sad with him like hugging jacob and stuff. But I know he has so much faith and he is going to be great. He wont like it at first. nobody does. They say if you make it to the first sunday then you will be just fine. So I'm glad he survived! :) It slowly gets better and better with the more effort we put in. Your obviously going to be really sad and homesick at first but the happiness and focusing does come. He just needs to be patient. I'm SO glad to hear he likes his companion. You guys have no idea how much of an affect a companion can have on your happiness, homesickness, and just everything. And you guys have no idea how many bad companions there are on the mission and how many problems missionaries have with companions. Its way crazy.. but I know he is going to be just fine. Don't worry too much about him mom. The Lord will always be with him as long as he tries and does his part.
Okay about the package. i hope you havent bought the 2 pants yet. I'm good with just 1. if you bought 2 already send me them but if not just buy one pair. I dont really care which ones. just not too tight and not too baggy and 34x34 haha. Also I was wondering mom if you could send me a couple other things. Safety pins, some big zip lock bags, and maybe you can find my chelsea essien jersey and send that? And also one last thing. do you think you can find pictures of like my senior and junior prom and like sadies with ali and just basically a bunch of pictures from dances. And other pictures you can find and send as hard copies that you havent already sent to me. Only if you find some though. I for sure want some of some of the dances over the past years like prom and when me and ali went to payson sadies and stuff. And also just been think I dont have pictures of like when I had my mustache or pictures of clothes I used to wear during high school. Like my sophmore and junior year and like the one on facebook of me and trent at trafalga where you can see our whole bodies. just whatever you can find would be great. Not nearly as many as last time though haha you dont have to some me very many. But yeah thanks mom! and did austin leave boxes at home of like his clothes and stuff or what did he do?
It was funny that you sent me that talk last week by pres eyring called the voice of the lord and then its the main message in the january liahona. I started reading it and was like umm I swear I've read this before haha. Well I guess thats about it for this week. Today and yesterday are extremeley hot... its crazy. Gut we´ll survive! les amo mucho! y se que tan importante que es la obra misional y que no es nuestra obra. es la obra de el. nosotros estamos aca para ayudar a el. chao!

Love, Elder Buxton



haha funny there was a lady right behind us that doesnt speak spanish and she was trying to ask something but couldnt and then we were right there to help her haha just goes to show that missionaries are in the right place at the right time when they are doing what theyre supposed to. That just hapeened 10 senconds ago haha

No comments:

Post a Comment