The Guys!

The Guys!
Leaving for the MTC

Monday, October 14, 2013

Fall is here....

Hola Familia,
So this last week was pretty crazy and good. So on tuesday we went to temaiken! It was so sick! The coolest zoo I've ever been too. And it was so great to see elder arostica and elder whitsitt and all them and hang out a little bit. But yeah it was a lot of fun. We got home that night at like 8:15 I think haha it was nuts. So on thursday we went to go contact an old investigator and she had moved but a man and lady answered and so we asked if we could share a message with them. It was a good lesson and they are way way awesome! They are called mirian y alcides. They arent married but they are just so great! On saturday we went back and we met 2 of their kids who are actually just mirians kids. They are all from paraguay and they are just like such happy people especially the mom mirian. They have a lot of faith in god and we put baptismal dates with the 2 kids for the 27th and they accepted and the whole family came to church!! :) We went to the villa sunday morning to go get them and Ana (shes a recent convert along with her sisters that we have been working with a lot lately). Ana is 17 with her twin sister but ana has a kid and she got her baby blessing yesterdy too so that was good. We went to go get isabel who was supposed to get baptised on saturday but didnt cause we met her dad and brother and so we are hoping that we can baptise them all together this coming saturday. Isabel is anas way good friend but now at the moment they arent on very good terms.. long story. But so yeah that might be a problem since we would always teach her in anas house. But yeah so isabel wasnt home so we just went with the family from paraguay and ana. It was just awesome to see them in church and see the members helping them to feel comfortable. We also explained to them that they need to get married first before getting baptised and she already knew that so we are gonna help them do that. Mirian has got baptised in a bunch of different churches and just loves stuff about God. So we are gonna really help her to understand that there is only one true church and not everything that has to do about God and Jesus are correct. But we are very happy to have found them :) last weekend I did a couple more interviews and one of them was the first time that I had to call president in the middle of it cause he had a problem with question 4. If you dont know what that means just ask a returned missionary. For you mom ask matt. But yeah it was cool though that he was able to pass anyway. And then a little bit later I felt the need to get some help with stuff from president so I called him back later and can I just say how much I love my mission president. Hes just such a baller! :) one of the best mission dads ever :) he has helped me so much with stuff and I have really felt his love from us. Also on sunday morning, since we were fasting cause it was fast sunday, we got a text from the mission saying that pres ayre got an email from pres gulbrandsen saying that hermana gulbrandsen has cancer and will have an operation this thursday.. :( it was really sad news.. it wasnt that hard on my comp or elder cruz or garrett cause they didnt know her. My comp met them but not very much. But yeah its super crazy. So please keep her and her family in your prayers! So yeah thats pretty much it. Today we are gonna go eat with the patriarch again and watch the priesthood session of conference :) and then finally play some soccer! And then tomorrow we meet as a zone to watch the priesthood session again haha that'll be fun. I want you to all know how much I love this church and how eternally grateful for the atonement. I have such a strong testimony of it and repentance and have no doubt that we can all be forgiven of all our sins.

I'm so glad ashlee is getting so much better! That makes me very happy! :) I pray for her every day so its definitely from all of our prayers. And yes the weather is getting kinda warmer here. Its been pretty random the weather. Cloudy and then sunny and then a little rainy but we somehow adjust. It's usually just always humid no matter what. Especially if its cloudy. But we manage :) Wait why wasnt austin training with the team? Yeah I hope you all are reading your scrips and praying everyday! Tell cass to have tons of fun this weekend!! And to tell me all about it. And send me pics. I hope you can get caught up on your school work mom. Good luck as well! Well I guess thats it for this week. les amo!

Elder Buxton






No comments:

Post a Comment