The Guys!

The Guys!
Leaving for the MTC

Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26, 2012

Hola familia,
So this week was a pretty good week. So last Tuesday we stayed in the pention all day. It was okay cause elder lemo and elder o handley came and slept over Monday night and stayed all day Tuesday and Tuesday night. We lounged around, wrote letters and played risk haha it was pretty fun. We have like a roof top thing so we chilled up there for a bit too so yeah it was nice to rest. I heard also that that was an Argentina wide thing but yeah I dunno. Then on hTursday we did divisions again and I was in my area with elder mower again which went pretty good also. And the bishop actually called us that night too and wanted to visit someone with us the next day and asked me and my comp to give talks on Sunday. So that was great cause it shows that the bishop is trusting us more and stuff. So Sunday we gave our talks which went really good. Mine was on Mosiah 5 which I love. It talks about how we all need to really experience a change of heart and have the name of Christ written in our hearts. Great chapter! I encourage you guys to read it again. And then I taught gospel principles which went really good too. And then me and my comp had to talk to the primary and bear our testimonies and stuff. So it was just a teaching packed Sunday haha. And then we had 2 really good lessons. One with a girl named jazmin who is friends with a member and she came to church yesterday. Shes 9 years old and so we passed by her house and taught her and her family. Her parents aren't married but we set a baptism date with her on the 9th. Shes really excited. And then we had a family night with a family I didn't know that much so it was great to get to know them a little more. And also Diego came to church again. We had a lesson with him the other day and he was way excited the days before until that day so we asked what was up and he said he talked to his step dad and he told Diego that if he gets baptized he wont be able to worship the saints. (if you don't know what that is or means you'll have to look it up). But yeah so we are working with him to receive his answer that this is the true church so he can be baptized next Sunday, the 2nd. So yeah we will see how that goes this week. Also on Friday night when went to a recent converts house (the girlfriend of jared who I told you about last week) and she made us tacos :) as you can see in pics. Shes the only member in her family but we are way tight with the whole family. So yeah. Also something that elder lemo and them told me that I didn't know about our president. It was a story that he had a son that was in high school that committed suicide. I never knew that.. but here comes the amazing part. He committed suicide because of something his football coach had said to him. And so the prinicipal of the school I think called president and the only thing president said to him about the coach was "that coach shouldn't have said that." And president said (this was in a zone conference or something I wasn't in) to his wife that in that moment when he said that he felt the spirit leave him. He knew he couldn't bear the pain of losing his son without the spirit so his wife told him to call the principal back and say he was sorry. So he did. And then when they had the funeral the football coach was there. And as soon as sister gulbrandsen saw him she went up to him and gave him a hug and told him she was glad that he came. When I heard that I was so amazed... our president and his wife are seriously so amazing. They really are true disciples of Christ and I feel really lucky to have one of the best mission presidents!


In this mission we really work through the members. Street contacts and knocking doors aren't too effective here but they still can work. Even with like helping people in the street with groceries and stuff. People wont accept help because so much robbing goes on here in Argentina that nobody can trust anyone. Its actually kinda sad. Windows don't really get broken from soccer balls cause there are metal bars on every window and you wouldn't believe how long it takes to lock like your store when you close for the day. They have to lock it way good cause people literally live all over the streets here and will do anything to get things. But yeah just a little background of how the country kinda is. Here in buenos aires anyway. Wow austin and jacobs papers are in?? Don't forget to film them both and send them to me! I cant wait to find out where they are going. Elder o handleys brother last week got called to cordoba argentina. Kinda weird! but yeah where ever they get called with be exactly where the lord wants them. I have no doubt about it. I got one picture of christmas me and austin is all haha. but sounds like christmas decorating will be fun. It will be a struggle kinda being here during Christmas but I'm sure I'll be fine. And hopefully too busy to care all that much haha. Send me a pic of the tree with all you guys by it! And also I'm sending you an envelope with about 5 letters I need to you to give to the right people. It will be way way cheaper to send one big one than 5 little ones. So thank you! What did you guys do for thanksgiving? okay well I think that's it for this week. espero que tengan una muy buena semana! les amo muchisimo! chow!


Love Elder Buxton





No comments:

Post a Comment