The Guys!

The Guys!
Leaving for the MTC

Monday, August 26, 2013

How was this week?

hola familia! 
como estan todos? espero que esten bien! So this week was pretty good. I did divisions last week with elder peacock who is in my group (meaning he came and goes home with me) and we went to a less active members house and we found out that their recently turned 9 cousin lives with them and that the less active parents are his legal guardians now and so basically he can get baptised easily. He already has 2 asistencia and so he has a fecha for this sunday. He wasnt able to come to church yesterday since the less active moms brother takes him for the weekends so we will arrange that so he can come and get baptised this sunday. On friday I was gonna do divisions with the zone leaders but my companion was pretty sick and then elder solum wasnt feeling to great either so they stayed inside and I went out with elder caballero and arostica. Also yesterday my comp wasnt feeling too great so we didnt get a whole lot of work done yesterday either. He is still hangin in there but we will see how he does this week. Right now we are still living in savio. We were going to leave last week and go back to the other pench but my comp got sick so we didnt. Then on saturday I did a baptismal interview for savio who got baptised on sunday. Its a 13 year old kid who on sunday paid his tithing! what a capo!! I had a good interview with him and I could see and feel his desires to be better and get baptised. Also yesterday in church there was an area 70 who came and he gave a talk which I really loved. He talked about how a lot of us as members we have done pretty much all the ordinances like baptism and recieve the holy ghost and the things in the temple and everything and so we just kinda think we are done and thats it. So he kinda asked us what ordinance we have left besides doing family history. He said "the next ordinance is what we just partook of and do partake of every sunday." I liked that a lot and it helped strengethen my testimony of the importance of the sacrament and how badly we need it. We cant afford to not go to church and not partake of it.. besides that its been pretty cold this week and with lots of wind which is pretty killer but were still alive! Well most of us.. I think I might be getting a tiny bit sick too. thats not good. This week I think we have our first interviews with president so that will be fun! Also this wednesday is yamilas birthday and she invited the 5 of us over for lunch and she is making a ton of food and treats and stuff. It will be great :)

When we play soccer here we usually play with the young men cause they are cool and like to come play. But we play with missioanries too obvisously. We are gonna play again today and I think the hermanas and the other elders in my district are goona come so that will be fun :) like when someone goes up to DL they are usually just in charge of their own area and another area (2 other elders) just to start out so they arent in charge of a lot of areas and have to do more. But they put me in charge of my area (obvisouly) and 3 other areas. So yeah. Sandy I guess isnt going cause she likes a return missionary. I know there are other reasons too but I wont explain on here. haha sounds like a fun week with the tiring walk to the temple and everything ;) mom now you can comprehend a little bit more of just one day here in the mish when all our appointments fail us and we are just walking around all day long.. those arent the funnest days. But we find ways to stay happy and have encouragement (man its so hard to think of these words in english!) wow thats awesome for brother dickson! He was definitely one of my favorite leaders and I do miss him a lot. And thats awesome about caitlin. So weird that shes going on a mish. Where is she going again? mom sounds like your missing me and my ability to fix things without having any idea what I'm doing ;) dont worry I will fix it all for ya soon. les amo mucho! todos vayan a la capilla! necesitamos la santa cena en nuestras vidas!! :)
Elder Buxton

No comments:

Post a Comment